Re: [Vic] End of the line @ Crowes

"Craig Haber" <albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote in message
39D9C7C2.C0C17F90@harnessnet.com.au">news:39D9C7C2.C0C17F90@harnessnet.com.au...
> Hi,
>
> David Head wrote:
>
> > Good informtion,anything like this  concerning Beech Forest , Craig?
> >

> Not quite, but have a look at
> http://www.netspace.net.au/~wrussell/narrow/crowes.html
>
> It doesn't show the locations as they are now, but you can at least see
all
> the station layouts etc.  Beech Forest is very easy to find, and you can
walk
> around the reversing loop - but you'll be facing the wrong way :)  The
tennis
> court in the middle is still there, albeit it too is disused.

I was there in February this year while spending a 5 day weekend in Apollo
Bay and despite having never been to Beech Forest before the formation was
fairly easy to find, by the looks of it the tennis court seems to have been
abandoned not long after the railway. The line to Crowes heads off to the
left of the road towards Lavers Hill and from what I could see of the
formation, it (minus the rails) looks exactly the same as it did when the
line was opened. I'm sure that one of the shots in The Beechy was shot from
where I was parked, it looked too similar not to be.

Regards Michael