Re: trams riding on flanges

One good reason for building special work this way is so the wheel on the
running rail is not affected by the break needed for the flangeway of the
crossing rail.  Where crossings are designed the other way, so the wheel
tread stays on the rail, there is a noticeable bump when each wheel hits a
crossing flangeway.

39DC793C.2121@netlink.com.au">news:39DC793C.2121@netlink.com.au...