Re: Speed Rail V Maglev

avachat (avachat@dingoblue.net.au) wrote:
> Magnetism is created by passing electrical current through some form of
> metal isn't it?
> What happens when someone flicks the switch to off?

Transrapid says they carry enough on board power to get the train to the
next emergency station. What I want to know is how they would deal with a
simultaneous power loss and fire, one of which could be caused by the
other. How do they evacuate if the train gets stuck between stations on
the elevated sections? Escape slides as you find in aircraft are not
fitted.

Cheers
David