Re: Speed Rail V Maglev

Maurie Daly (mauried@tpg.com.au) wrote:
> An another differant note , its reported that the feds are about to
> make the decision on Badgerys Creek Airport.

Or Bankstown. Unfortunately they're not even considering my personal
preferred option - Richmond after the RAAF moves out.

> One can conclude that based on the outcome of this will rest
> Speedrails fate , ie its very unlikely that both a 2nd Sydney Airport
> and a VFT style rail service will both get the nod.

Speedrail means that Badgerey's can be postponed for about another 50
years.

Quadruple track Wolli Creek Junction - East Hills will probably go ahead
regardless. If Speedrail goes ahead, the new fast lines will carry TGVs.
If Speedrail doesn't go ahead, they will be used by airport express trains
running through to Badgerey's Creek.

Cheers
David