Re: Today (Sat) on 22 plat. Central

"Rod [comtrain]" <freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote in message
39d9e1d8$0$12421$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d9e1d8$0$12421$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Melbourne trains vary in size , our cars are longer, but limited to 6 long
> in peak.
> Our platforms are just like Sydney, curved, straight and blind with road
> bridges etc obscuring our view.

Not many places though where you have trains going to umpteen destinations
off the one platform, thus meaning large crowds still on the platform when
you are trying to leave (Strathfield platform 6, for example, has trains
going to Hornsby, Penrith, Riverstone and Campbelltown leaving off it in the
peak - the closest comparison in Melbourne would be the underground
stations, and they are straight).

Dave