Re: [NSW] - hilarious SMH article

Comments below.

Dave Proctor wrote:

> 10 trains an hour during the peak is not going to be too different to 8
> trains an hour timetable wise.

Depends on which station you are talking about. Of course some stations
have nothing like this level of service and hence people behave as per
Darwin's theory of evolution etc.

> And more reliable services will see more passengers travelling than frequent
> unreliable ones will. Reliability is the most important thing when
> attracting people to the railways, and slightly greater headways, with
> slightly longer dwell times, are what is needed to achieve this.

I'll worry about trains running late when they turn up 100% of the time.
When I'm trying to get to work and turn up at the station to find
that a service has been cancelled do you think I (or any of the other
people affected) give a toss about ontime running?

dB