Re: Westrace install

In article <8qu0kg$dej1@inetbws1.citec.com.au>,
  "Peter Dwyer" <peter.dwyer@qr.com.au> wrote:

> <signal_spotter@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > In article <8qrhts$5th2@inetbws1.citec.com.au>,
> >   "Peter Dwyer" <peter.dwyer@qr.com.au> wrote:
> Engineer
> > >
> > > How many Westrace's are you going to put in to replace the relays?
> > >
> > > Given that I thought Westrace wasn't supposed to be the Big
Brother.

> > > Seeya!
> > >

> > Westrace is perfect for these size CTC loops. It's just how many
> > housings you require that will limit the I/O requirements. Anyway
> > they'll be at each station and in the mid sections.
>
> Oh, I thought it sounded bigger than just a loop....  How're you
handling
> the Vital Comms?
>
> Seeya!

Sorry about the late response but I've had a week off building a
retaining wall at our house. Anyway there are about 5 loops from Dapto
to Kiama (inc) and all up about 8 Westrace cubicles. At the loops are
Master Westrace systems and in between are Slave Westrace systems. The
vital comms will be done via EVTC cards (Enhanced Vital Telemetry
Continuous) daisy chained along the route using dark fibres (dedicated
optic fibres).

regards Ian

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.