Re: Latest news on Speedrail

"Dave Proctor"
> "Tezza"

> pass through.

> via Central.
> > >
> > > They go past it - Kings Cross backpackers use a bus which goes past it,

[sarcasm alert]
> > I've often seen thousands of them a day going to the airport to get a
> plane to Melbourne.
[sarcasm generator off]

> > And they all catch buses which go past Central, hence Central is a common
> starting point.

See above.

> > > cabs from CBD hotels go past Central,
> >
> > if the hotel happens to be north of Central,
>
> Vast majority are, since the vast majority of the CBD is north of Central.

You're lucky I'm lazy.

> > > north shore don't any more,
> >
> > Isn't that where most execs live?
>
> Not where they work.

But if they're going to Melbourne for a meeting, surely they'd go in the morning from home? I'm sure everyone complains about the
airline peaks, all the planes going together in the morning at the same time. But one told you he doesn't.

> > > now that the Eastern Distributor is open, but since most corporate travellers stay
>>> in CBD hotels
> >
> > Gee, I thought most of them would stay at home.
>
> Hmmm, let's see, they go to Sydney for a meeting, they fly back to Melbourne
> to sleep in their own bed, then fly back up the next morning. Interesting
> concept.

As most of them would live in Sydney, I don't know who's beds they'd be sleeping in in Melbourne. Not lost are you?

> > > Every 10 minutes during the day.
> >
> > Full? Of people going to the airport? To get a plane to Melbourne? You've
> surveyed them?
>
> You are being deliberately obtuse here Tezza - this is the Tezza we all came
> to know and love during the waterfront dispute, steadfastly refusing to see
> the point and deliberately being obstructionist.

I'm destroying your generalizations and completely wrong statements and assumptions. I'm showing how utterly ridiculous they are.
Ans sticking to the point.

> > > They do - see above. Not necessarily Central Rail, but Eddy
> Ave/Elizabeth St/George St at Central.
> >
> > Rubbish - see above.
>
> I have experience in this matter, you do not.

I've been on a train, I've been on a plane, I've been to the airport, I've been to Central, I know people who do the same. What
you're saying is crap.