Re: NSW T'graph & Westbus

Erk wrote:

> I should state that until I got a car, I used to be a regular user of
> Westbus in the Penrith area but I lost interest with the service after the
> uncomfortable Nepean Nippers. Therefore I can't comment on their current
> services.

They are extremely unreliable. I was waiting for the 07:30 bus to
Penrith
station a few weeks ago. Got there a few minutes early... Waiting,
waiting, waiting.
No bus. 35 minutes later bus arrives. I could have walked to Penrith!
Growl.

The day Westbus start accepting SRA passes is the day I'll start using
them again :-)

> As an aside, I read about the guy who works at Burger King on Mulgoa Road at
> Jamisontown (I'm sure neety and Dave P know the one) and this guy stated
> that it would take him 2 hours to get from Werrington to there by bus (?) so
> he spends $90 a week on cab fares (he'd be better saving for/paying off a
> car.

Why doesn't he get the train to Penrith (~7 mins) and then a bus? It
wouldn't
even take half an hour then.

> At least this might mean that they are off CityRail's back for a while!

For a while.

--
Anita Lukaszyk
neety@iprimus.com.au