NSW T'graph & Westbus

Over the last couple of days, the Terrorgraph has been really on Westbus'
case, esp in the Hills District and the City-Hills service via the M2
Motorway. There have been reports of over-crowding, late and cancelled buses
and rude staff (sound a trifle recycled?)

I should state that until I got a car, I used to be a regular user of
Westbus in the Penrith area but I lost interest with the service after the
uncomfortable Nepean Nippers. Therefore I can't comment on their current
services.

Personally though, I would not trust Westbus as far as I could chuck them. I
remember being at a committee meeting with a Westbus rep before the
introduction of the minibuses and being told that under no circumstances,
minibuses would be used on longer routes (like Penrith - Richmond, Penrith -
Windsor, Penrith - Warragamba), school routes and would see miminal use in
peak times - all of this now occurs.

As an aside, I read about the guy who works at Burger King on Mulgoa Road at
Jamisontown (I'm sure neety and Dave P know the one) and this guy stated
that it would take him 2 hours to get from Werrington to there by bus (?) so
he spends $90 a week on cab fares (he'd be better saving for/paying off a
car.

At least this might mean that they are off CityRail's back for a while!

Eric

Email: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

"We earn $3 per hour. Where do you
want me to live? The Hilton?" - Pauly, Pizza.(SBS-TV)