Re: [NSW] Bondi Beach Rail - Under review

"Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
u9fV5.48839$SF5.902506@ozemail.com.au">news:u9fV5.48839$SF5.902506@ozemail.com.au...
| From today's (Thu 30/11) The Sydney Morning Herald, page 4.
|
| "Stalled Bondi rail link back on the table.
|
| The stalled rail link to Bondi Beach may be scrapped in favour of a
| short rail loop under private funding options being assessed by the
| State Government.
|
| The NSW Treasury and the Rail Access Authority are completing an
| assessment of the two options.  The first is to continue with the rail
| extension with two tunnels.  The second is a government-funded loop
| at Bondi Junction that would enable a quicker train turnaround.

| The Minister for Transport, Mr Scully, was unwilling to set a timetable
| for the release of an environmental impact statement.  He confirmed
| talks were under way and government funding may be required."
|
| Chris

What is wrong with the turnaround times @ BJ?

I think there are projects that should have higher priority than the line to
Bondi Beach - the money spent on that could be used to improve existing
trains/stations/tracks.

Eric

Email: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

"We earn $3 per hour. Where do you
want me to live? The Hilton?" - Pauly, Pizza.(SBS-TV)