Re: Parramatta to Chatswood railway

Martin Barr-David wrote:

> Does anyone have any information on the progress of the construction of
> this line via Carlingford and Macquarie University.

No construction has commenced yet.

There is still the usual community debate over UTS station and the proposed
bridge over the Lane Cove river. Personally I prefer the bridge option than
the tunnel.

Willoughby Council gave up it's fight trying to put Chatswood station
underground after a geological technical report said it wasn't feasible or
technical. The station would be over 30 metres underground (very deep) and
the North Shore line as well as Roseville station would have to be altered
to accommodate this option.

Chatswood Station was supposed to have a major upgrade (lifts, etc) as part
of the rail link works, starting soon, but nothing has been done yet.

There is a Enviromental Impact Statement CD which contains the full EIS
report. It contains a wealth of info, maps, diagrams, picture, etc. It's
available free from NSW Government bookshops - highly recommend if you want
to find out more about the link.

Thanks,

Jon Lau