Re: Taronga Zoo railway

Chris wrote:

> I can vaguely remember seeing a miniature railway at Taronga Zoo. When
> it was removed was it junked or sold to another operator?

I think that when Sir Edward Hallstrom(I think) became Head Curator in
the 60s, he did away with the Railway and the elephant rides, camels
rides, and performing seals, etc. Said it was a Zoo, not a circus.

Besides, there had been some fatalities with children being run over by
the train.

I don't know what happened to the locos and rolling stock, however.

--
Cheers,

Dennis

drittson@cia.com.au

http://www.cia.com.au/drittson/

ICQ UIN # 1314653

"I think, therefore I am........I think."
Arthur C. Clarke