Re: Power for crew cars

The ASR cars I have looked at have had an underfloor gen set fitted. IIRC
the unit was a Genaust. The subframe shrouding had been cut out to allow the
unit to be slotted in from the side. It would be unwise to plan to power
from a CLP because you couldn't guarantee a CLP up front.
As for FA, I guess they are doing a similar thing. WCR were doing up some
crew cars for the SCT service. I hear the end has already been ripped out of
one car already on these services.

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne