KM posts

Yes I know this is an old post but with reference to below, the
distances were measured to the west/north from Spencer Street and to the
east from Flinders Street, and I believe it to be related to the normal
terminus for passengers thus Flinders St for Gippsland passengers. This
meant that Gippsland passengers would not be charged the extra mile to
Spencer Street when their train did not actually go there. Today I
believe that distances are taken from Spencer Street.

DEL

>> I believe the km posts are from Spencer St, but the Auto &
>> Overhead Numbers are from Flinders St.

> "0 km" is at the bottom of the North Melbourne flyover, over the
> top of Dudley Street.

It's one of a few 0 km posts around the place.  There is another
iirc near Viaduct Jct.  And another was/is near the canal yard.
begin:vcard
n:Langley;David
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1