Re: Riversdale train (was Re: Connex timetable)

Chris Gordon wrote:

> > First thing is that it was run as a 3-car set!  (Where's the other half?)
> > Desto-roll displayed Camberwell, but all PIDs displayed Riversdale stopping all
> > stations.  Driver announced Riversdale all stations.  Mediocre patronage - about
> > 16 off and 1 on at Auburn, lots off at Camberwell and a few on, about 16 off at
> > Riversdale.  Of those 16, about 4 waited around at Riversdale presumably for the
> > following Alamein train to take them further down the line - mumbling 'changed
> > timetable' under their breaths.  Would be better if desto-roll was blank as is
> > often the case.  Isn't Riversdale on the rolls?  Was Riversdale ever a terminus
> > in the days of the Deepdene Dasher - or was it always East Camberwell?
>
> Until some interlocking alterations in 1997 for the Camberwell Sidings,
> you could not terminate a train at Riversdale.

I guess I was thinking a bit further back in time - like 1940s or whenever when
the line was single track Camberwell-Ashburton with a crossing loop at Hartwell,
and the Deepdene line junctioned at Riversdale.  I think there might have been
some runs from Camberwell terminating at Riversdale to run to Deepdene and
return - but not sure.