Re: Airport link company Defaults on loan

Maurie Daly wrote:

> On 22 Nov 2000 03:47:43 GMT, thebaron@nospam.ozemail.com.au wrote:
>

> >http://www.smh.com.au/news/0011/22/pageone/pageone6.html
> >
> >Is it just me or is this a good thing? We buy out the company
> >and introduce reasonable fares??
>
> Whats this going to do for other rail projects in Australia dependant
> on private sector funding ?
> eg AP to darwin, Speedrail, Melb to Brisbane rail link.
> Cant be much of a vote of confidence for would be investors.

Not to mention the Brisbane Airport Rail Link, which opens in May next
year.  Ticket prices have been announced as $9 for City (Central / Roma
St) to Airport, and $19 for Gold Coast (Robina) to Airport.  Anyone care
to hazard a guess as to whether the Brisbane version will have similar
problems?

At least there's been lots of advance publicity for Airtrain up here -
and it is a highly visible elevated structure which airport users could
hardly fail to miss, unlike the underground stations in Sydney.

--Colin