Re: Connex loses another customer

In aus.rail, on 22 Nov 2000, news.foxall.com.au announced:

>We catch the train from Lilydale so we get it bad too.  Not only do we
>stop at Camberwell and Glenferrie now of a morning, but in the
>afternoon we also have to stop Glenferrie, Camberwell, Laburnum,
>Nunawading and Hetherdale - 5 more stops.  Still, not bad for the
>younger members of the family such as myself who want to get home from
>Swinburne (Glenferrie.)  However, for some reason Connex seems to think
>that Camberwell is the centre of the earth.  I really can't figure why
>so many trains need to stop there in peak times.
>
>Peter.

At least you get trains going express *some* stops - Over here on the
Epping line, we have 2 (so I was told - I'd never noticed them before).

I'd be able to be more precise, but not having been to my local *premium*
station in the last couple of days I can't get hold of a new timetable -
and connex's web-site, while luring people with offers of the timetable
(in PDF format), hasn't so far come through with one for me...

(If anyone has a direct download link to the timetable for the epping
line....)

Regards

OgO
--
My Win9x Cursors: http://qjc.cjb.net/cursors.html
Please don't send me junk leaves! (take them out before replying).

No Silicon Heaven?  But where do all the calculators go? - Kryten.