Re: Speed Signs? in NSW

petercook2705@my-deja.com wrote:
> Also, way back yonder when there was talk of electrification Syd-Melb,
> there was talk of building new Dual Voltage XPT power cars which would
> be half loco& power car and half passenger seating.

I haven't heard of distributed power for XPTs, but Comeng did design a
dual voltage electric XP.

> Also, didn't XPTs follow the Railmotor carriage numbering scheme?

Because they're not rail motors.

The Xplorers and Endeavours were to follow the rail motor numbering
scheme, but SRA couldn't get their act together in decide the
classifications. They were tentatively called Explorer Car Type A, B and C
(note spelling), Toilet Endeavour and Luggage Endeavour. That's the
origin of the classes EA, EB, EC, TE and LE.

They were to be something like:

EA - XPRB
EB - XNF
EC - XPFH