Re: Speed Signs? in NSW

Yes, the XP class are locomotives, however I do believe they also fall
into the SP class speed limits on the grounds that they are somewhat
integrated (to a greater extent than a loco hauled service at least)
with their cars, and both the locos and the cars were designed for high
speed operations.

Also, way back yonder when there was talk of electrification Syd-Melb,
there was talk of building new Dual Voltage XPT power cars which would
be half loco& power car and half passenger seating.  Of course that is
beside the point since it never happened, but it's food for thought
anyway.

Also, didn't XPTs follow the Railmotor carriage numbering scheme?
(I've heard people jokingly refer to them as 2000 Class Railmotors) :-)

MrPC
ICQ 58337073

In article <gGlS5.36$HG5.6730@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> petercook2705@my-deja.com wrote:
> > Self-Propelled vehicles would include EMUs (suburban and
interurban),
> > DMUs (including Endys and Xploders), Railmotors and XPTs.
>
> Technically the XPT is not self propelled. The XPs are classed as
> locomotives.
>
> Cheers
> David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/