Re: Riversdale train (was Re: Connex timetable)

"Tony Gatt" <baulko@tig.com.au> wrote in message
8vckv0$m4n$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:8vckv0$m4n$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
> > No, Riverdale is not on the desto.
> >
> > Railvic
>
> The only reason it runs to Riversdale is so the train can shunt back to
> Camberwell Sidings.
>
> It's not a new thing. I was in Melbourne a few months back, and caught a
> Riversdale Train to Camberwell. I too was suprised to hear "Riversdale" as
> the destination, but then realised why. The Desto also said Camberwell on
> this occasion. Camberwell is the best destination to show, as it is only
one
> station before Riversdale, and if the train carries no pass to Riversdale,
> then it carries none. No difference between changing at Camberwell or
> Riversdale for Alamein is there? The train still has to go all the way
into
> the Platform at Riversdale to execute the shunt, so why not take ppl one
> step further?

Fair enough, though hopefully they'll fix the destinations so that people
going to Riversdale don't end up waiting longer than necessary. Sounds like
they're being pretty good with the announcements and PIDs though.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au