Re: Fuel economy of Xplorers

    Re fuel usage of  'Explorer' motors, using M. Daly's figures for horse
powers and fuel usages, the max. h.p. figures give a Specific Fuel
Consumption figure of about 0.28 l/BHP/hr., which is a bit higher than I
quoted, which surprises me a little, I would have thought that a modern
motor would have been a bit lower. The 0.2 figure usually applies to
stationary engine practice, perhaps for motive power use the figure should
be taken higher. (Or are Maurie's horse powers actually kW, if so my SFC
figure would be pretty near spot on for an 'Explorer'?)
                                                    Regards,
                                                                Bill.

3a185ce8.3216062@can-news.tpg.com.au">news:3a185ce8.3216062@can-news.tpg.com.au...