Re: [WA] Train security off the rails

"Peter Parker" <parkerp@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
3a15bc13@news.alphalink.com.au">news:3a15bc13@news.alphalink.com.au...

[snip]

> Aboriginal Intervention Program Aboriginal Liaison Officers work with the
> Aboriginal community to provide information and assistance on a range of
> issues. Their continuing relationship with the Noongar Patrol will also
> increase the effectiveness of this program.

Noongar as in the WA equivalent of Nunga?

> Help us catch offenders If you believe an offence has been committed, are
> subjected to anti social or unruly behaviour, or see an act of vandalism
> being carried out, call 13 16 08 as soon as possible so that we can
identify
> and prosecute the offenders.

As long as it's callable from a mobile and from before the first service to
after the last service with a real person answering. TransAdelaide's 131
761 feedback number wouldn't work from a mobile for the first year or so of
its operation. The TransAdelaide Transit Police number 8303 0500 is at least
answered by a real person all the times I've called, even if they are
indifferent to reports of motorists going through crossings with barriers
stuck down.

What was the URL for the article you posted from the Westrail site? Posting
text from a web site without posting the URL can be a bit frustrating.

Arthur.