Re: OT wanna be a train driver?

"James C." <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8sp9ff$s8d$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
| I came across this from issue 04, September/October 2000 eXpress
| (Tranzrail's own magazine), slightly off topic as the material came
| from New Zealand.

| |

| <<Geez, I wouldn't know what to do when that thing go beep....>>
|

| --
| Cheers
|
| Railway Rasputin
|

| Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
| Before you buy.

James

Let's Australianize this letter.

NSW Version

Dear CityRail

 Would it be possible to get a train driver's job? It's just that I
 really love trains and have wanted to be a train driver ever since I
 was little. I have the facts on what you need to do. I have a train cab
 simulator at home on the computer. My uncle's friend is a train driver
 in Sydney. Also my dad's cousin's wife is a freight
 coordinator in Sydney too. I have learnt how to drive a loco and I also
 know what to do if you see a red signal - you stop. Whenever I hear or see
a train I
 always go to greet it. I have a favourite train, V69, that I would
 like to drive all the time. I'm going to do the Duke of Edinburgh to
 prove that I'm responsible. I have an electric train set that I play
 with a lot. I also have no problem wearing a tie and an uncomfortable
uniform
in hot and humid conditions in a small cabin.

 Yours sincerely Kieran Chisnall
 PS. I go to Barker College, and I play the recorder.

Mexican Version

NSW Version

Dear Connex Melbourne

 Would it be possible to get a train driver's job? It's just that I
 really love trains and have wanted to be a train driver ever since I
 was little. I have the facts on what you need to do. I have a train cab
 simulator at home on the computer. My uncle's friend is a train driver
 in Ballarat. Also my dad's cousin's wife is a freight
 coordinator in Melbourne. I have learnt how to drive a loco and I also
 know what to do if you see a red signal - you stop. Whenever I hear or see
a train I
 always go to greet it. I have a favourite train, 4D, that I would
 like to drive all the time. I'm going to do the Duke of Edinburgh to
 prove that I'm responsible. I have an electric train set that I play
 with a lot. I also have no problem understanding all of the abbreivations
in the timetables.
I also know how to use Metcard so if there are no train driver jobs, I can
sell tickets for you.

 Yours sincerely Kieran Chisnall
 PS. I go to Melbourne Grammar, and I play the recorder.

--
Eric

Email: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

Talk to the hand!