In article <3a12051e@news.iprimus.com.au>, Erk <erk@erkV69.com.au> wrote:

> "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> 3a11f093$0$19404$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a11f093$0$19404$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> |
> | <rolfe@shado.bozier.net> wrote in message
> | 8uspha$9oe$1@shado.bozier.net">news:8uspha$9oe$1@shado.bozier.net...

> was
> Park)
> | >
> | > Pippita 1996 (?) removed
> | > Clyburn ???? closed
> | > The Royal National Park 1991 removed?
> | > Warwick Farm Racecourse 1991 removed?
> | > Dunheved, Cochrane, Ropes Creek 1986 closed
> |
> | Canterbury Racecourse, removed 199?
>
> All of those are good examples of small stations/platforms in Sydney Metro
> area. However, when was the last time a station the size of Clyde
> (especially in number of platforms) was closed?

Well, there's always a first time...  The other closures I can think of are:

Hardies, Goodyear and Sandown	199?
Camden Branch			1963
Richmond - Kurrajong		1952
Rogans Hill Line		1932
Lavendar Bay			1932?
Milsons Point (old station)	1924
Lilyvale			?
Helensburgh (old station)	?

plus various minor and special-purpose platforms.

I suppose Camden would probably be the biggest station to be closed down.

See ya,
Rolfe

--
Rolfe Bozier            email: rolfe@pobox.com    http://www.pobox.com/~rolfe
Software Developer	phone: +61 2 9427 8373 (ah/bh/mobile)