Re: What's happening with Pippita now? Is it completely removed? [Was [NSW] Clyburn?]

Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote in message
3A1134BF.426CCF78@efs.mq.edu.au">news:3A1134BF.426CCF78@efs.mq.edu.au...
> Hubert Lam wrote:
> >
> > Someone mentioned in a thread earlier this year that it's still visible.
> > Obviously there'd be no signage anymore, just like Clyburn.
>
> If you mean that the platform is still visible, the statement is
> ridiculous. The construction of the Olympic Park tracks (and the other
> changes in the area) changed the landscape completely.
>
> It takes quite a deal of visualising to work out where the platform was.
> The best marker is the end of a former road

That street is still named Pippita St.
As for Dairy Farmers being seviced by rail, Well what can I say. It was one
of those non profitable
operations that attracted  state gov' subsidies and as we all know, the
private operators were so jeolous they cried and sobbed so much so the milk
has gone to the rubber tyre brigade.

which can just be seen in