Re: (mel) Numbers in windows.

Ben <smithb@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
3a12c452@news.alphalink.com.au">news:3a12c452@news.alphalink.com.au...
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know what the large black numbers inside the non driving side
> windscreen of Connex's trains mean? I saw a few this arvo. The numbers I
saw
> were 8?, 81, 80, 78 and 71. Does this phenomena have anything to do with
the
> new timetable?

They were to do with the Catholic Mass today. There were so many special
trains running around for it, there was a number put in the window of every
special (and some regular) service. This indicated to the CSE assisting the
school which train it was and which school should go where. I had to stick
about 6 lots of these numbers on!  Interesting to note that some had
different numbers at each end!! (the train had already done one special and
turned around to form another!) The numbers were from 1 to the high 80s.

In the circular, it had which school should board which train. Worked quite
well IMHO!

--
Sam Eades
seades@bigpond.net.au