Re: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image

In article <dX9M5.16304$e5.38932@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
  "David Lindstrom" <D_Lindstrom@Bigpond.com> wrote:
> What's the file ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image on a web
> page? That is to say, one that looks okay, but doesn't take too
> long to download.

An easy way to work this out is to find what you think is ideal, by
looking at web pages, then right-click on the image and save it.  You
can then work out the size easily.

FWIW on the Dutton Bay site, I keep the images to 550 pixels across, or
thereabouts, and the JPG file is 40-60Kb.  These larger images
generally only appear single on a page, with smaller images used
throughout the text and as thumbnails.

JD

--
John Dennis