Re: [Aus] Fastest Freight Train?

Well I know Standard gauge allows for fairly fast express freights, but in
Qld there are some express freights designated as 100km/h freights (F =
electric/8 = Diesel Electric*), while you have the standard electric/diesel
80km/h freights (C = electric/6 = Diesel Electric*) and then you have the
restricted speed freights usually to 60km/h (D = electric/7 =
diesel-electric).

Hopefully that provides some information about Qld freight speeds,

* The letter/number codes are used in the four digit train numbers in Qld,
eg. F378 would be a 100km/h express electric freight to Rockhampton.

Hope this helps

ICQ: 51909829

3a014827$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3a014827$1@news.iprimus.com.au...