Re: [NSW] Post Olympics track upgrading

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000 12:00:31 GMT, Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote:

>From CityRail's track upgrading page:
>
> 11.00pm Wednesday 8 November until 1.30am Thursday 9 November
>
>Buses will replace trains from Hornsby to Eastwood in the city bound
>direction and from Epping to Hornsby in the north bound direction.
>Buses from Hornsby will depart up to 20 minutes earlier than normal
>timetable to maintain connection with trains at Eastwood.
>Please listen for announcements and check station indicators.
>Please allow for an additional journey time of 30 minutes.
>
>I've wondered for many times--do the down trains drop people off at
>Epping, then return empty to Eastwood to pick up for the up line??

The real situation is that buses run from Hornsby to Eastwood where
they return back to Hornsby.

Trains run from the City to Epping where they terminate and return to
the City.

There is an overlap between Eastwood and Epping where both trains and
buses run and both carry passengers.  Notices state Epping on the Down
and Eastwood on the Up as interchange points I guess to try to keep
passenger congestion down at the stations but it's certainly not
enforced.

Albert Alcoceba
  <><
alberta@zip.com.au