Re: Privatisation of rail and career future

In article <vxZL5.12819$SF5.278658@ozemail.com.au>,
  "Mr X" <Rail.bob.eastwestfreight@foothills.net> wrote:
> ...Prepare now...

We can prepare for Jesus' coming by faithfully working until he comes
(Luke 19:13) in that work which he has given each of us to do for him
(Mark 13:34), so that we might not be the wicked, lazy servant that he
will reject at his coming (Matthew 25:26-30). All believers will be
judged by their works (2 Corinthians 5:10) at the 2nd coming (Psalms
50:4-5, Mark 13:27).

We can prepare for the tribulation that must come before Jesus comes by
knowing beforehand everything that must happen, so that our faith will
not be blindsided by anything that happens (Mark 13:23), and by
remaining repentant from every sin and in daily service to Christ so
that our faith will not be on the sand when the storm hits (Matthew
7:26-27).

> ...After Jesus's return and the catching away of His church, there
> will be a GREAT tribulation...

In no scripture does Jesus promise us a rapture before the tribulation.
He promises that we will meet him in the clouds as he is descending at
the 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17), and he clearly says this will
be after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31, Mark 13:24-27).

Paul likewise makes clear that Christ's coming and our gathering
together to him cannot occur until after the apostasy and the
appearance of the Antichrist, for Christ's coming to gather us must
destroy the Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:1-8).

http://www.geocities.com/postrib/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.