Re: [NSW] Glenbrook report set to to claim its first casualty

In article <8trbef$lhp$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, Hubert Lam  <hubert@imap4.com> wrote:
>Why is it that the government is continuously avoiding responsibility
>when Scully wants to call it Rail Infrastructure Corporation and Peter
>McInerney wants it known as Rail Infrastructure Authority? economic
>rationalism again? It's been proven that economic rationalism only
>works 20%...

 If its an Authority, the minister can't dodge responsiblity when they
stuff it up. If its a corporation, the minister can run around sacking
CEO's and say 'It's not my fault'.

 Look at the current situation, the system's management has been stuffed
completely and the minister says he's not resposible, its a coroporation
I don't run it...

 Sounds to me these ministers have found a way to avoid being responsible them
selves when they fail at their portfolio's. They sack the CEO's istead of
them selves. If was an 'authority' the minister would be the 'CEO'....