Re: [Melb] Melb Ctrl Photos Permission?

> >> Tonight, about six o'clock, I took a photo of part of the
> >> concourse at Melbourne Central and the uniformed person standing
> >> by the Metcard validator told me I needed "prior permission" to
> >> photos "for security reasons".
> >> I've never come across this before: is it true?
> >
> I was taking photos (without a flash) in Melbourne Central, Flagstaff,
> etc one day in 1997 when a voice boomed over the public address
> system, "We don't allow picture-taking down here, Mate."

Well I was walking around Melbourne Central filming, and I went over to
the guy on the barrier to ask him something and he had to excuse himself
to go tell off the RMIT students for filming at the station, he didn't
even notice the video camera in my hand and I had been and continued
filming.

I have had no problems at any of the stations.

Also once done at Maryvale Paper Mill I wanted to photo the paper train
shut down inside but with "NO PHOTOGRAPHS" plastered all over the fence,
I approached the guy on the gate and told him what I wanted to do, and
he let me walk around taking photos of the train and had a very nice
chat.

Done the same at Spencer Street too.  (Told them what I wanted to do,
and they were happy about it).

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news