Re: [Melb] Melb Ctrl Photos Permission?

"Chris Gordon" <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
3A039CA8.EDA2F0BF@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au">news:3A039CA8.EDA2F0BF@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au...

> > I was taking photos (without a flash) in Melbourne Central, Flagstaff,
> > etc one day in 1997 when a voice boomed over the public address
> > system, "We don't allow picture-taking down here, Mate."
>
> Well I was walking around Melbourne Central filming, and I went over to
> the guy on the barrier to ask him something and he had to excuse himself
> to go tell off the RMIT students for filming at the station, he didn't
> even notice the video camera in my hand and I had been and continued
> filming.
>
> I have had no problems at any of the stations.
>
> Also once done at Maryvale Paper Mill I wanted to photo the paper train
> shut down inside but with "NO PHOTOGRAPHS" plastered all over the fence,
> I approached the guy on the gate and told him what I wanted to do, and
> he let me walk around taking photos of the train and had a very nice
> chat.
>
> Done the same at Spencer Street too.  (Told them what I wanted to do,
> and they were happy about it).
>

> --
>
> C.
>
> WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
> EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
> ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero
>
> Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news
A couple of months ago I went to Freight Australia's Dynon depot and asked
whether I could take some photos. No problem - they even offered me a safety
jacket in case I wanted to roam a bit. At the NR depot on the same day, they
said I should check in at the office because I should be recorded as being
on the premises in case of evacuation being required in case of emergency.
Perfectly reasonable I thought. So what's the big deal about Melbourne
Central (as long as you've got a ticket!)? Is there something they're trying
to hide.
Paul Hambleton