Re: Steam Rail in/around Sydney

Scott and Group, What about narrow gauge? Both Lithgow Zig Zag and the
Illawarra Light Railway Museum Society operate steam hauled services on a
regular basis.

Zig Zag's website is at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~harburg/zzr.htm

I can only speak for the ILRMS. We have 4 operational steam locomotives
which are rotated so that a different locomotive runs on each running day.
See our website at http://www.gghome.com./ILRMS and go to the Locomotives
link for pictures of each our operational steam locomotives. The Museum is
situated at Tongarra Road, Albion Park, adjacent to the airport. Albion Park
is about half-way between Wollongong and Kiama.  The site is about 10
minute's walk from Albion Park Rail CityRail station along Station Street
and then turn right into Tongarra Road as shown in the Location link.

Our next running days are on Sunday - November 12th, December 10th this
year, and January 14th and 28th next year.  Steam trains operate between
11:00 to 16:30 approximately.

Next weekend, over the Fisher's Ghost Festival at Campbelltown, usually the
Machinery Park on Menangle Road operates a variety of steam machinery and a
short 2' gauge railway.  There is also a model railway exhibition on at the
Civic Centre near the station.

Please keep us in mind. There are other operating 1:1 size railways in NSW
apart from "mainline standard gauge".
Regards, John Garaty, Sales Manager,  ILRMS

8u2ulj$af$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au">news:8u2ulj$af$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au...