Re: [Melb] AD Comeng

> > > Photos of AD comeng now online:
> > > http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/scans/ad-comeng-1.jpg
> > > http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/scans/ad-comeng-2.jpg
> > > http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/scans/ad-comeng-3.jpg
> > http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/scans/ad-comeng-4.jpg
> > http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/scans/ad-comeng-5.jpg
> > http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/scans/ad-comeng-6.jpg
> >

> There really should be some sort of law against this ;(
> that is one ugly piece of traindom.

I will second that.

> While on your pics Chris (from Ringwood by the looks of them),
> did you see anything happening on the Ringwood Station re-development
> front? Last I heard was they were going to build shops, new bus
> exchanges and try to model it on Box Hill. That was months and months
> ago.

Yes Ringwood.  And yes that is the plan, they still have about $2
million left over from the re-signalling (this was money for a new
station) and about another $1 million for better bus interchange and
tunnel under Maroondah Hwy for Pedestrians.

They are having a few problems with a 1890? Station Building, 1890?
Signal Box and 1924 Frame, all which still sit on the Island Platform at
Ringwood, making the access to Platform a very long way around a quite
shocking set up.  It has been like this for well over a year now and
nothing done.

(I just wonder how long until these buildings just burn down one night).

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news