Re: Electrification and patronage

I've been told the O-bahn was an expensive white elephant. Surely it would
be cheaper to electrify the lines and upgrade the service rather than
replace the whole lot with a concrete busway?

Is there a complete absence of common sense in Adelaide?

cheers Peter

MiCRiC <slagel@senet.com.au> wrote in message
3A07C84C.F27CFE0C@senet.com.au">news:3A07C84C.F27CFE0C@senet.com.au...
> This is very similar to the proposal prosed in the MATS plan in 1968.
> In that plan the Glenelg line (which is currently are light rail line,
> unlinked to the remainder of the network) was to form a subway under
> King William Street, then travelling down the Glenelg right of way to
> Goodwood before joining the heavy rail right of way to Noarlunga and
> Belair.
>
> However, it seems more likely that the railway to Tonsley may be
> replaced by an O-Bahn...  in the not to distant future...
>
> Vale Adelaide Passenger Rail..
>
> micric
>
> geoff dawson wrote:
> >
> > I have read figures suggesting  that patronage in Brisbane and Perth
> > increased rougly three fold within the decade following electrification.
Of