Re: Clyde engineering closure at Clyde

In article <3a0a7315$1@fl.net.au>,
  "Chris" <chrisc@fl.net.au> wrote:
> Going through Clyde station the other day I noticed that the Clyde
> Engineering office at Clyde is all shut up with the company logo
removed.
> After over 100 years on that site I think they have probably moved
out.
> After finally designing the 4GT and a couple of freight locos they
must have
> sacked what was left of their mediocre design office.
>
> Chris

They aren't really <close>, they are pretty much still alive. I think
all the assembly/construction work
are carry out at Bathurst/Maryborough (Qld)/Somerton/Cardiff and
maintain plants in just about every state.

EDI however having financial trouble from other sectors.(power
plant/mining engineer etc).

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin