Re: Why keep Clyde?

On a related note:

Does anyone know what will be happening to Clyde station if-and-when
the Parramatta-Chatswood line is completed. I do not see any major need
for it, considering Granville is such a short distance away and there
does not appear to be much of a population base immediately surrounding
it. Will it end up like its neighbour Clyburn?

David.

In article <3A09EAF2.2F7C7EB1@dontspamme.au1.ibm.com>,
  Peter Degotardi <peterdeg@dontspamme.au1.ibm.com> wrote:
> Having spent a lot of time standing on Granville station over the
> last few weeks (Olympic Park, chg Lidcombe, chg Granville
> for Windsor), it seems a bit bizarre to have 2 stations so close
> together (how far apart are Granville/Clyde btw? )
>
> How about boning Clyde and making Lidcombe the interchange
> station for the Carlingford line ? That way you have an interchange
> for InnerWest, Western, South, Carlingford and Olympic Park in
> one location.
>
> (How I hated the fact the trains to/from Windsor may or may not stop
> at Lidcombe)
>
> --
> Peter Degotardi
> LAN Engineer