Re: Re: [NSW] Air conditioning of K sets

4191 looks like one of those cars previously with openable windows, but as Jon Lau pointed out, it's
now with fixed panes

Will K72 get fixed pane windows in the long run? Or will they leave the windows glued?

Jonathan Lau got bored on Wed, 31 May 2000 16:03:54 +1000 and so wrote the following:

          Hubert Lam wrote:

          > I was on K72 today (one of the cars being C3545), and one thing that stuck me as I
entered was the
          > vents below the doors were sealed like the formerly "yellow" interior K sets.
          >
          > As I proceeded to the top deck I realised that it was air conditioned, but the windows
have the
          > handles missing--they have been replaced by plastic stoppers and the windows have been
glued in
          > completely, therefore impossible for it to open.
          >
          > $10m K set air conditioning going ahead...

          There was another K set that was refitted with airconditioning and fixed pane windows back
in early
          November 1998.

          I'm not sure of the set number, but the cars were: C3509/T4213/T4191/C3525.

          Jon Lau