X45...

Hi there...

Can anyone tell me if X45 (I think it was named 'Edgar H Brownbill') is
still running, or has it been withdrawn by now ?

I used to live and work in Sydney from 1981-1991, but returned to NZ late
1991.  I saw X45 arriving on the Spirit Of Progress at Sydney Terminal one
morning, and took several photos of it (but only God knows where the photos
are now!) and recalled the nameplate on the side of the cab, and was invited
to look at the inside of the cab also, by the crew, which I did.

My curiosity got the better of me just recently, and I'd like to know if
anyone knows who Edgar H Brownbill actually was.  Was he a Victorian notable
in Government, or perhaps some big name associated with Victorian Railways
management in the past, or even a locomotive engineer ??  Some answers would
be much appreciated, thanks  :)

Regards...

Jim McDermott