Re: What can be wrong ? [NSW]

In article <3934994c$0$8417$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
Ian <iansmith@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>What can be wrong ?   2UE stated today  (City Rail Sorry Day) that there was
>a de-rail on the East Hills line early this morning. Trains ' over shooting
>' the platform at the airport. A train running between stations with " all
>doors open ". Some trains not stopping at all at Wolli Creek.

 My all stations to Hurstville didn't stop at Wolli Creek last night.
Due to 'the points failing ahead of us'.

 We tripped past the signal at the down end of Sydenham and then changed to
the local and ran through platform 2 at Tempe (East Hills line side) and thus
ran down the local past Wolli Creek.

 The guard also announced 'Change at Tempe for Wolli Creek'.  I assume it was
the points at Wolli Creek that failed and we were being run onto the local
early to minimise the effect on the diagram.

 The lack of platforms on the local at Wolli bites them again. Last weekend
closed Wolli Creek surface due to trackwork on the Illawara main....

 On the other hand, platforms on the local at Wolli Creek might have been
difficult. There isnt a lot of space to play with. Certainly near impossible
to retro fit local platforms.