Re: Countrylink train codes

I dont know that Countrylink use the operational codes to which you refer.  The
Countrylink Public Timetable identifies the trains with "Service Numbers" as
follows:

Melbourne XPT 601, 602, 603, 604
(Former) Griffith train 605, 606
Canberra Xplorers 619, 620, 621, 622, 623, 624
Dubbo XPT  427, 428
(Former) Broken Hill train  429, 430
Brisbane XPT  001, 002
Murwillumbah XPT  003, 004
Grafton XPT 005, 006
Armidale Xplorer  223, 224
Moree Xplorer 225, 226

All buses get numbers too - but who cares?