Re: [NSW] Reconciliation day/trains

Anita Lukaszyk <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message news:3930D344.C5C479D7@ozemail.com.au...
According to Channel 7 news, CityRail moved 51000 people in 30 mins.

They then cut to what I think was North Sydney station. An announcement came over the PA saying "This is an empty train and has been provided for your convenience".  Now, how's that for service?  :)

* Well, I caught the train from Central to North Syd at 09:30, and the train was packed already, it stopped at Town Hall, Wynyard & Milsons Pt but no one got off until Nth Syd and the guard had trouble closing the doors on the S-set (5 times before the door is fully closed)! No one was fooled to alight at Milsons Pt when the guard said "alight at Milsons Pt for the Corroboree 2000 march." But most got off at Nth Syd anyway. And most trains I seen - ran on the down SH line every 2 mins and out of timetable (I think - as they have to unload passengers at Nth Syd).

* Well there is a lot of Sectors 1 & 2 as well as normal sectors 3 run via Nth Shore and the odd 8 car V-set.
--
Danny Mok