Re: Ballarat trams may return

Tourism is exactly the reason you would do it - but I wouldn't write it off with
such a perjorative word as gimmick.  Tourism is one of the biggest industries in
Australia and the world these days.  Its no doubt ambitious, but you never know
if you dont have a go.  Look at portland for example with its (pseudo) cable
tram project - and Ballarat is way bigger and way closer to the major tourist
routes than Portland.  And dont forget the Sovereign Hill is a very major
generator of tourism for Victoria.

Good luck to them.