Re: Steam builds for Alice to Darwin rail link

In article <392f1b0b$0$2612@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au> "Rod Young" <freight_man@hotmail.com> writes:
>From: "Rod Young" <freight_man@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Steam builds for Alice to Darwin rail link
>Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 10:47:58 +1000

>> Or Freight Australia......
>>
>> Imaging Freight Australia's dark green locos go through the redness
>> landscape of NT :-)
>>

>> Cheers
>> James

>More likely ATN, brown and gold, me thinks
>;o)
>just think about it, FA had to give $165 millions to Kennett, before they
>could do anything, and now the Gov. is reneging on part of the deal.
>ATN [Wiscon Central] need only spend their money on what they need, and then
>go do it. I am betting they will only do those lucrative jobs, that Freight
>Australia sorely need to recoup their millions.

>--

>Rod Young
>http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/
>Foundation President and Co-Founder
>Hobsons Bay Model Railway Club Inc.
>Operators of Australia's only 'Australian' Model Railway Show
>Every Easter in Melbourne.
>and my page
>http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/rods

Anyone know precisely from where the grain that is being transported from
Dimboola originally came from.?

ie is this grain that would have formerly been stored in silos west and north
of Dimboola,and which would have formerly been hauled by Vline freight.
Are there any FA grain trains that run west of Dimboola or north to Yaapeet?
Do ASR grain trains run into Vic?
Rods got an interesting point too.
Exactly what did FA get for its $165 M?
Did it simply get a lease on the BG tracks and Vline freights rolling stock,or
did it get a lease on Vline freights operations ?.
ie what did the Kennet Govt actually sell.
There is a big differance.

I note that no one is competing against ASR in SA for what used to be ANs
intrastate grain traffic.

MD