Re: [NSW] Airport line at Flying Junctions

On Sat, 27 May 2000 08:52:17 +1000, "Chris Downs"
<cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

I seen one on the Friday before the line opened where somone thought
he would get charged to interchange at Wolli Creek. I cannot remember
where he was coming from but he was going to Redfern, his suggestion
was he had to catch a train west to Kingsgrove I think, change and
back track east to get to Redfern. Afterall he wasn't paying $8 to
change at Wolli Creek. Although there will always be dumb people, it
beggs the question do some people think they are being charged by
going through the Airport line? Would be interesting to find out.
Maybe CityRail PR needs to tell people at least about Wolli Creek, not
be a surcharge station and that there is no interchange fee. PS. Does
Wolli creek have car parking? Many of the complaints I read were from
people who drove to Tempe and complaining about the cut in services.
The way I see it Tempe is now no longer an Interchange of any
importance, so services should be cut. If Wolli Creek does have a car
park why don't they use that instead, and if Wolli Creek doesn't have
a car park somone needs shooting.

>Trivial complaints were Kingsgrove lost a couple of fast trains, it now
>takes me 3 minutes longer to get to town and why should I travel via the
>Airport?, Tempe only gets 4 trains/hour in the peak now instead of 8 (where
>does Tempe fit it the passenger generator list?) and only a dozen or so
>people got on at the airport stations - why should I be inconvenienced?
>
>CityRail has other issues to resolve, but once this service is bedded down,
>people (especially out of towners) will realise how valuable the service is.
>
>That's my two bob's worth after a week away.

 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright