Re: [vic]gov grant to puffing billy

This is true but the current timetable virtually uses every passenger
carriage available - under the current circumstances G42 would just be
hauling the same consist that a single NA does!! We really need more
carriages just as much as more locos.

Current timetables which have double-heading locos are really for scheduling
requirements rather than heavy loadings - e.g. a down train splits at
Lakeside with half returning and half continuing to Gembrook. Other
double-headers for heavy loads are typical end Nov/early Dec when the extra
because half the train returns for a later service. Using G42 in place
doesn't help here.