Re: Nomuldi & Robinvale tour

Roderick Smith wrote:

> Look at the earlier thread re the headboard.
> SV claims that it will remove the headboard on request, but doesn't.
> On the otherwise pleasant Kulwin weekend trip a couple of years ago, the
> board was removed at only one photostop (the final one) for the whole
> weekend.

I think they only flipped the headboard. The front was also in shadow,
so it didn't make that much of a difference to the shot. They should
have removed it at one of the photostops where the front was lit up.
They also left the magnet on the side of the T class.

> On the recent parallel run with 38s from NSW it wasn't removed at all.

The RTM removed their headboard at a number of photostops.

> Steamrail has a martyr mentality over being stoned when placing a
> headboard onto a loco at a Gippsland photostop a decade ago, and is
> determined to make everyone suffer for ever after.

I wasn't even on that tour. I think it is a bit unfair that many people
like me have to put up with this headboard when we weren't even involved
with the original incident. I think the whole headboard thing has gone
beyond simple advertising. Steamrail does an excellent job maintaining
and running historic steam and diesel locos, but they wreck it with a
permanent piece of wood on the front.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: