Re: The Overland First Class

"Horace Wachope" <weaselstrangler@mail.com> wrote in message
392e39ec.58219845@news.dingoblue.net.au">news:392e39ec.58219845@news.dingoblue.net.au...

> What sort of "entertainment" do they have on The Overlander? I'm
> thinking of taking my son (2 yo) for a train ride to Melbourne... Do
> they have TV/Videos in the First Class lounge?
>
> The trip back will be OK as he'll be sleeping....
>
> But the day trip ADL -> MEL journey may be hard. Colouring books only
> go so far.

Not too sure about the "lounge" they use in first, and whether or not they
have added anything to it. If it was the old Overland Club Car, you would be
fine, as you would have practically the whole car to run around in. The
"lounge" car is really nothing more than a glorified dining car, with tables
and chairs, very much like a cafe.

Might be best to pop down to Keswick one morning and have a look.

Dave